The South African Government has offices in each province of the country and offers talented individual’s great opportunities each year. These internships gives matriculated students the opportunity to learn more about their chosen career field.
Government Departments providing Learnerships for Matriculants
There are many Government Departments that offers matriculants great learnership opportunities.
Here are some of the Government learnerships for matriculants to consider:
- Department of Transport learnerships
- Department of Tourism Learnerships
- Department of Basic Education
- Department of Higher Education learnerships
- Department of Labor learnerships
- Department of Public Works learnerships
- Department of Health learnerships (Kwazulu Natal, North West, Polokwane)
- Department of Home Affairs learnerships
See the full list of Governmental Learnerships
Career Options With Government Learnerships for Matriculants
Career options within Government provides interested individuals a wide field of options as each Department has different opportunities. Candidates are urged to apply for positions within the area where they live as housing is not offered with learnerships.
Here are some of the career options candidates can consider when applying for a Government learnership for matriculants:
- Human Resources
- Public Service
Government Learnerships for Matriculants Requirements
Many of the learnership programs offered by each Department of Government will have set requirements that must be met by candidates wishing to apply. Candidates must ensure they know what the requirements are and that they meet them all before making their application.
The basic requirements may include the following:
- Applicants must be between 18 and 35 years of age
- Applicants must be a citizen of South Africa
- Applicants must hold a valid Matric certification
- Applicants must be proficient in English
- Applicants must not be employed
Government Learnerships for Matriculants Application
Most Departments of Government requires that candidates complete a Z83 application form. These can be downloaded from the Departments website that the application is being made to or collected and submitted by one of the offices of the relevant Department. Candidates must ensure all documentation is certified before submitting the application form that all contact detail is up-to-date and the application is completed in full.
Government Learnerships for Matriculants Closing Date
Closing dates for learnerships provided will differ for each Government Department. Before making an application, candidates must be sure of the positions available and the closing date for each as the position must be clearly stated on the application and all applications must be submitted on time with all documentation.