Psychology Learnerships mainly focus on the study of the human mind and behavior. This includes all activities of the unconscious and conscious state. There are different psychologists. They can focus their studies on behavioral psychology, social psychology, scientific- or cognitive psychology.
This field studies a variety of notations such as emotion, brain function, personality, perception, intelligence, cognition and more. The main focus of this field may be on the treatment and assessment of mental disorders and health problems, but it also includes problem-solving within multiple domains of the human brain and activities.
Psychology Learnerships Available
Learnerships for Psychology have a couple of different career options for individuals who want to become a Psychologist. Many of the learnerships in this industry are for a 6-months period, yet, some companies may offer 12-month learnerships or longer.
Career fields may include:
- Abnormal Psychologist
- Forensic Psychologist
- Clinical Psychologist
- Biological Psychologist
- Development Psychologist
- Organizational or Industrial Psychologist
- Comparative Psychologist
- Cognitive Psychologist
- School Psychologist
- Sports Psychologist
Companies offering Psychology Learnerships
- Department of Correctional Services
- Department of Education
- Department of Social Development
Psychology Learnerships: Requirements
Most requirements for learnerships in this field are very similar. However, some companies may have additional requirements and applicants must ensure they meet then all to be eligible to apply.
Requirements include these:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa with an ID document or ID book
- Applicants must have completed their Grade 12 and hold a certificate
- Where applicable candidates need a diploma or degree in their field
- Candidates must not be part of another learnership
- Applicants must be unemployed
- Must be able to work in a group and do well working on their own
- Must be mature, responsible and love new challenges
- Must be able to communicate to people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
If you intend to apply for a learnership in this field, you must ensure you complete the application in full. Also, remember to attach certified copies of all documentation. Some companies may require shortlisted candidates to attend and interview and additional assessments. These candidates who make the shortlist will be contacted. You may also submit a CV, recommendation letters and references if you have.