This mining company is known to be one of the world’s biggest supplier of platinum and all platinum associated metals as they supply about a fourth of the globes platinum. They have mining operations throughout South Africa and Zimbabwe.
This mining group has been in operation from the middle of 1969 and has only grown stronger and bigger as time passed. They have more than 40 000 people working on a permanent basis and also regularly make use of contract workers. This mining group believes education is the key to closing the poverty gap and to ensuring skilled workers for all areas.
Implats Impala Learnerships Available
Implats Impala learnerships offer interested candidates many fields to consider, however, these are all related to the mining industry. This mining company still has some learnership programs, yet, they are scaling down on them as they prefer to offer candidates bursaries. They believe with the right education workers can enter the workforce skilled enough to do what is required.
Fields that may become available include the following and more:
- Fitter and Turner
- Human Resources
- Engineering – Most fields
Implats Impala Learnerships Requirements
Most requirements for Implats Impala learnership programs will include the basics as mentioned below. Some fields may have additional requirements. These are usually also set out on the application and applicants must ensure they meet all to be eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be a South African citizen
- Must hold a valid ID document
- All must have a valid Matric or Grade 12 certification
- Must have passed Mathematics with a 40% or above average on SG – this may be higher for some fields
- All must have passed Physical Science with a 40% or above average on SG – this may be higher for some fields
- Applicants must have excellent communications skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- All must be able to work as part of a team and individually
- Applicants must undergo and pass a medical fitness, heat tolerance screening and any other assessment deemed needed for the field of application
This company offers candidates a monthly stipend and could include normal company benefits. They usually do not provide meals, accommodation, and transport unless stated otherwise. Candidates applying must attach certified copies of all documentation and not send their original documents. It is recommended to also supply a complete CV and any recommendation letters with the application.
Implats Impala Learnerships: Application
Implats Impala learnership applications can be accessed online at their Website, once applications open. These applications will be posted on their Careers Page with all relevant information. All applicants must ensure they submit the application form with certified documentation on time, late applications, incomplete applications and those applications missing documents will not be looked at.
Implats Impala Learnerships Closing Date
Closing dates for the Implats Impala learnership differ yearly according to the field and the mines needs on their different operations. Their learnerships are advertised yearly through newspapers, magazines and online.