The media, press, and people are what this career field revolves around. Private, public and Government companies, agencies and institutes offer learnerships in fields related to public relations. It includes the conveying of information, organizing, distribution, researching and communications. This is a diverse field and depending on the career field could include writing of speeches, advertising, crisis management, being a spokesperson for a company, working with social media, press releases, organizing events, internal and external communication and much more. Read on to see our list of Companies offering Public Relations Learnerships.
Every day most of us use some part of PR when we call people, write letters, send an email or talk face to face as these are all part of the fields of PR. Yet, this does not make anyone qualified to handle other aspects such as marketing, research, planning, fundraising, recruiting and evaluating. PR has become a field that seeks more intense training, qualifications, and learning than it used to require.
PR Public Relations Learnerships Available
There are some fields available for successful candidates to consider in the field of PR Public Relations. Here is a list of some of the career fields you can consider if you studied in this field.
PR Public Relations Careers:
- Public Relations Manager
- Public Management
- Public Administration
- Media Relations
- Employee Relations
- Corporate Communications
- Account Executive
Companies offering PR Public Relations Learnerships
- Edelman SA
- Fleishman Hillard
- Petra Diamonds
- Newsclip Media Monitoring
- Department of Social Development
PR Public Relations Learnerships Requirements
There are many similar requirements with most companies in this field. Here are the stipulations that all companies require from their candidates.
PR Public Relations Requirements:
- All candidates must be South African citizens
- Applicants must have a valid ID book or document
- All candidates must have a Grade 12 certificate
- They must have exceptional communication skills
- Be proficient in English (read, write and speak) and other languages
- All applicants must hold a degree or diploma where required in their field of application
- Candidates must be presentable and able to multitask
- They must have strong administration skills and be detail orientated
- Must be able to work under pressure and as part of a team
Learnerships in this field is usually for a 12, 18 or 24-month duration. Successful applicants will receive a monthly stipend. If possible it is highly recommended that you apply at a company in your area where you live as accommodation, transport, and meals are not included in learnerships.
If you love working with people, being hands-on and socializing, doing research and communicating on all levels, then the fields mentioned above may be what you need. So, if you have the qualifications you can apply for a learnership in this field once they become available.