About The Sasol Learnership Program
is a South African -based international integrated energy and chemical company that has been in existence since 1950.
They are one of the largest investors in skills development, capital projects, and technological research and development?
Sasol is listed on the JSE Limited in South Africa and on the New York Stock Exchange in the US. Sasol learnerships offers talented individuals an opportunity to gain valuable work experience. Find out if you can apply for a Sasol Learnership.
Every year Sasol offers multiple learnerships in a variety of fields:
- Chemical Plant Operations
- Electrical operations
- Instrumentation and Control
These learnerships can lead to career opportunities in the following fields:
- Artisan, Senior Artisan, Specialist Artisan, Master Artisan
- Technician, Technologist, Engineer
- Foreman, Area Manager, Operations/Maintenance Manager
- Learning Practitioner (LP), Principal LP, Learning Manager, Senior Learning Manager
The aim of Sasol in providing the learnership opportunities is to give candidates from designated groups, specifically as per Sasol?s Employment Equity targets, priority. It is an opportunity for successful individuals to enter the workforce.
SASOL Learnerships: General Requirements
There are certain requirements for being accepted into these learnerships:
- You must have passed Grade 12 English
- All applicants ?need Grade 12 Physical Science HG/SG (Not including Life Sciences, Science Literacy, Functional Science, Natural Science and General Science)
- You? need Grade 12 with Maths HG/SG (Not including Maths Literacy, Additional Maths, Functional Maths, Commercial Maths, Applied Maths)
- You must have an N3 Certificate with Business English, Engineering Science, Maths, and any 2 subjects passed (total of 5 subjects)
- Good communication skills
- You must be able to speak, read and write English
All further information will be given to you when you apply, depending on which learnership you apply for.
A Sasol Learnership is also offered in the following areas:
- Human Resources (Secunda Area)
- Finance (Secunda & Sasolburg Area)
- Supply Chain: Logistics (Secunda & Sasolburg Area)
Sasol encourages individuals living with disabilities or a disability to apply.
The successful candidates will be offered a place on a 1 to 2-year on-the-job training internship, and WIL programme with Sasol, in order to gain experience in their respective fields of interest or study.
Below is an example of one of the other learnerships that Sasol offered in 2015
SASOL Female Driver Learnerships
National certificate in professional driving-NQF Level 3, SAQA ID 50285
This is outcomes-based learning, and the Sasol?learnership is based on a legally binding contract between the learner, the employer, and the service provider.
Learners will be trained and developed to become qualified drivers according to the requirements of the Transport Education and Training Authority (TETA) for a Code EC Dangerous Goods Driver. You will also receive training in core skills and safety standards related to the specific trade.
All learnerships must include theoretical as well as a practical training, which means that you will receive some of your training in a classroom-type atmosphere and some of it will be practical on-the-job training, where you will be taught how and will actually have to perform some of the tasks that you will be expected to do that particular job.
The SASOL Learnership Programme is for a period of one year (3 months) and training will be done in Sasolburg
- Female: Age 25-35
- Must have a Grade 12/Full N3 certificate with English/Business English passed at least on SG
- You must have Drivers license at least code EC1, C, C1 (preference will be given to Code EC license holders)
- Must be resident in Sasolburg/Secunda/Alrode/Pretoria areas
- Applicants must have good communication skills and be proficient in English
A learnership contract is a legally binding contract and any irregularity or violation of the terms of the agreement will be dealt with in accordance with Sections 17 and 18 of the Skills Development Act, 97 of 1998.
SASOL Learnerships: Application Process
In order to apply for the National certificate in professional driving-NQF Level 3 Learnership, you must complete an application form in your own handwriting.
- You can get the application form by going to the? Sasol Careers Website and clicking on the link for the National certificate in professional driving-NQF Level 3 Learnership and following instructions
- When applying for the learnership make sure that you specify the learnership post that you are applying for (e.g. National certificate in professional driving-NQF Level 3 SAQA ID 50285)
- Make sure that you sign the application form yourself
- Attach certified copies of your certificates and Identity Document (these copies must have been certified within the last 3 months – you can get this done at any Police Station)
- You also need to submit a copy of your CV
- Please submit your application and CV to email@example.com or fax to: (012) 666 8523 ? Ref no: FFDO 2013.
- Application forms that are late or unsigned will not be accepted
- Photocopied forms will not be accepted
- Applicants will have to undergo and successfully complete a psychomotor evaluation
- Applicants will have need to pass an applicable medical evaluation
Remember that during your workplace training you will be responsible for your own accommodation, transport, and meal costs. It is therefore suggested that you apply for a learnership in the Region or Management Area closest to where you live.
The appointment of candidates by Sasol will be done according to the rules and regulations governing such appointments, including the verification of credentials.
Sasol will only communicate with successful applicants, so if you have not heard from Sasol within 30 days of the closing date of the application process, it means that your application was, unfortunately, unsuccessful.
Sasol Learnership Information
New applications generally open at the beginning of each year, normally around January or February. You can keep checking whether the Sasol?learnership is open for applications yet by checking the on the Sasol Careers Website.
You can also get more information regarding Sasol learnership programmes by e-mailing Sasol on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sasol Head Office is located at:
1 Sturdee Avenue,