About the Bytes Learnership Program
Bytes Technology Group is a principal subsidiary of the JSE-listed Altron Group and part-owned by Kagiso Strategic Investments. Byte is a federation of leading ICT companies that operates mainly in South Africa, although it also has operations in several other African countries and the United Kingdom. They offer the Bytes Learnership program to assist gifted individuals to gain hands-on experience in their field.
Bytes People Solutions is a professional provider of talent management services, a leader in skills development and a trusted advisor to many different organizations in South Africa as well as in the rest of Africa. Bytes People Solutions has trained and secured work for more than 3 000 learners via its learnership programmes, making it a preferred partner in a comprehensive government ICT training programme.
Bytes People Solutions applies the same model to government learnerships as it does to its corporate clients in the private sector. Learnerships are done in conjunction with the relevant Sector Training Authorities (Setas) and workplace providers, making them the best IT learnerships on offer.
Every year Bytes offers people from different communities various Information Technology (IT) learnerships, including NQF level 4 technology training and entry-level ICT training. The learnerships form part of the SA government’s National Skills Development Strategy to impart skills that will lessen unemployment and ease poverty.
Bytes Learnerships are open to those with the necessary qualification required to study for the Further Education and Training (FET) Certificate in the Corrections Services Learnership (NQF Level 4).
The Bytes Learnership consist of both theoretical and practical training at venues designated by Bytes and the training providers, and many of the learners have their practical training contracts extended or are offered full-time employment. In 2012 three KwaZulu Natal technology students completed their National Certificate in System Support NQF Level 5 and the Microsoft MCITP Server Administration Certification on their own accord in one year.
Many of the learners who have completed the Bytes People Solutions learnerships have since been employed as testers, contact center agents, computer technicians, junior developers, general administrators, helpdesk agents, junior network administrators, junior web administrators and junior database administrators.
Bytes Solutions: End User Computing & Contact Centre Learnership Opportunities
This is outcomes-based learning, and the learnerships are based on a legally binding contract between the learner, the employer, and the service provider.
Bytes People Solutions have 2 learnership opportunities available for female individuals living with disabilities (EE); End User Computing NQF3 and Contact Centre NQF2 Learnership Opportunities
Bytes Learnership Requirements
There are certain requirements for being accepted into these learnerships:
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- You must be unemployed
- Applicants must be between 18 and 34
- All applicants must be female and living with a disability
- Applicants must be able to attend classes on weekdays (In Midrand) and will thereafter be placed in a workplace
- Candidates must be willing to commit for 12 months
- Applicants must not have a criminal record
- You must live in the JHB or Pretoria area
- Applicants must not be studying
- All applicants must have excellent English proficiency and communication skills
- Applicants should have Grade 12/Matric
- You must be able to provide medical certificates stating the nature of their disability in the recruitment phase
- Applicants for the End User Computing Learnership must reside in the Johannesburg or Pretoria area (the training phase is approximately 5 months; the remainder of the year is spent in the workplace)
- Candidates for the Contact Centre Learnership must live in Pretoria, Midrand, Tembisa or Dieplsloot (the training phase is approximately 2 months; the remainder of the year is spent in the workplace)
The Learnership Programme is for a period of one year (12 months) and pays a monthly stipend of R3000.00 per month.
There are definite employment opportunities available on completion of the learnership, depending on learner’s performance during the workplace phase of the learnership.
Bytes Learnership Application Process
If you meet the requirements and you are a female living with a disability, find the contact details Here.
Bytes Learnership Information
Applications for this learnership have already closed, but Bytes People Solutions also offer other learnership opportunities such as:
The Business Administration NQF3 Learnership for an individual with a disability who is, or wishes to be, involved in the Administration function in any organization or business in any sector or field.
And the Technical Support NQF4 Learnership for a person with a disability who needs a foundational entry into the field of Computer Sciences and Information Technology
It is, therefore, always a good idea to check on the Bytes People Solutions website www.bytes.co.za to see whether there are any current learnerships in your area for which you qualify and can apply.